September 22, 2009

Prayer Trading

"My mom introduced the beautiful concept of adoption in a very simple manner. She said, 'There is something that is called prayer trading, and we're going to trade prayers with somebody. Somewhere out there is a girl praying for a good family for her baby. We are going to pray for a good tummy with a baby in it, and we are going to answer each others' prayers.' "
-Troy Dunn
I've seen this quote a couple of times now - from my friend, Brenley, and my sister, Steph - and I love it. I think it's the perfect definition of adoption.

2 comments:

stephschmidt said...

I LOVE that! I agree: a perfect definition of adoption.

Charity said...

I LOVE this! {It brought me to tears.} I have never heard it before. I agree, a "perfect definition of adoption". I am gonna use it on our blog, I hope that's okay!?! LOVE IT!