November 3, 2009

Face to Face

Today was an amazing day that Dan and I will remember forever. Remember those sweet people I posted about a month ago? We got to meet them today! It was awesome! We found out about a week ago that we'd be able to meet them and I'd been looking forward to it all week. Last night, I was so full of anxiety. I asked Dan to give me a blessing so I would be able to calm down. It worked wonders. :) Thank goodness for the priesthood. I did pretty well this morning - I was able to keep myself distracted. But as the afternoon crept up on me and we were driving to Salem, it hit me all over again. As we sat in the parking lot of the Olive Garden, I thought I was going to pass out. As soon as I saw them and we met, I calmed down. I was right - they are the sweetest, nicest, most selfless people. I loved talking with them - for 3 hours. There are so many similarities. I loved every second of it. Our caseworkers were there for the first half which was really nice and helpful. And then it was nice to relax a little bit more and talk for a while longer. I so look forward to meeting with them again and getting to know them better!

5 comments:

Katie-babe said...

That is so wonderful Angie! I'm so excited for you. I was getting chills reading your post. It is amazing how you feel like your down because things aren't working out, then you have a wonderful feeling that you should adopt. I think that it is wonderful that you have opened your hearts to this process, and are recieving all of these wonderful blessings. I know that the child that comes to you will be blessed with wonderful parents, and that he or she is going to be spoiled by every one. I'm praying for you and will be waiting for another post. Love and miss you!

Katie

Steph said...

I'm so so happy that it went so well! I love that you guys have so many similarities, and you ended up being so comfortable with them. And I'm glad you'll have another chance to get together with them. They sound like wonderful people!

Deanne Hill said...

So happy for you! Love you guys!

the Richards said...

That is so great! I'm sure the other family was just as nervous as you were, and are equally thrilled and comforted by how great you two are! I'm so excited for you!

Todd Family said...

AH! Angie!! That's so awesome for you guys! I can only imagine!!! I am so happy for the both of you!