December 4, 2009

Details

So since I posted the great news last time and some people have asked, I guess I should put some details on here. :) We met with J & K (our wonderful birthparents) last Wednesday for dinner and while we were waiting for our food, they handed us that card with their decision. I absolutely loved that they gave us something tangible that we can keep. After dinner, we played arcade games for awhile - it was so fun to hang out with them in a casual setting, much more comfortable.

Dan and I are both friends with J & K on Facebook so I get to talk to K (the birthmom) on there occasionally. She's doing well, feeling good - doesn't complain at all, she's amazing. She went to the doctor recently and everything looks great. J's working hard. It sounds like he's working all the time. Such great people!!

The little boy is due on December 29. (When we first heard about J & K, the due date was December 24, but I guess it's changed a few times.) We're of course so excited and have been buying a lot of fun things. We have great friends and family that have given us so much already - our spare bedroom looks like a bomb went off in there. :)

I feel so incredibly thankful for J & K. I don't think I'll ever be able to express my full gratitude. I'm grateful that we've gotten to know them and I'm grateful that they chose us and that we get to have them in our lives.

I know I write this all the time, but THANK YOU all for your love, support, and prayers. It's really overwhelming (in the best way possible) to learn and I know this has all happened because of all of you.

4 comments:

stephschmidt said...

I want a bomb like that to go off in my spare bedroom :)

Deanne Hill said...

I am THRILLED for you guys!! That is the greatest news! Babies born around Christmas are the coolest kids EVER! :)

Todd Family said...

Congrats! That's so awesome!! Is it a boy or girl? Do you or the birth parents have a name? So excited for you guys!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Holy cow, I have not read your blog in awhile, so I'm just finding out the wonderful news! CONGRATS!!! How exciting! You and Dan will be wonderful parents. Enjoy every possible moment because it goes by so fast. Good luck with the nursery, I'm sure it will look perfect by the time he arrives. Hopefully we can make our way over to Eugene soon and see you little one. Remember if your ever passing through you always have a place to stay. Merry Christmas!