December 29, 2009

Hospital

Dan and I have been really careful about respecting the privacy of our wonderful birthparents (Johnny and Kaitlyn), but they've let us know that they're okay with us posting pictures of them (which I'm so excited about). So I decided to post a little bit about the hospital.

Kaitlyn sent Dan and I text messages at around 7:45 in the morning on Saturday to let us know she was at the hospital. This picture is of us on the way. We packed some things and headed up to meet them. Both sets of parents were there when we got there and Johnny and Kaitlyn were so great to let us hang out with all of them for awhile.

After many hours of labor, Johnny came out to ask if I wanted to be in the room for the delivery. I was so beyond excited. So I was able to be with Johnny and Kaitlyn for a little while before things started happening, which I really loved. Kaitlyn was such a trooper. I was so impressed with her. She was exhausted and still gave it her all. I couldn't believe it. And Johnny was so supportive of her. It was amazing to see the love between these two. This was the first birth I've ever seen and it was amazing. It was the most amazing thing to watch my son being born. I can't imagine anything sweeter. The first moment I held him in my arms, I wept. I felt it. The same feeling I felt all those months ago when this whole process started. All of those years of heartache and pain have been totally and completely worth it.

Kaitlyn holding Drew - isn't she beautiful? Keep in mind this is minutes after giving birth.

Johnny holding Drew. I absolutely love Johnny's hair.

Johnny's dad captured this sweet picture.

9 comments:

stephschmidt said...

Ang, your faith and strength continue to inspire me! You have such a tender heart; what a wonderful woman you are! And what a fantastic mother you are already! I love you guys and am so so happy for you!

Jen said...

We could not be more excited for you two!! Congratulations!! And you're right there is nothing cuter-biased or not!

Unknown said...

He is adorable. We're so excited for you both. We are thankful to the birth parents for making this all possible too.

the splendid life of us... said...

I love both of those pictures of K & J! PRICELESS!

bell family said...

oh angie he is so cute. I am so excitied that you got to be there for the delivery. I wept too when I first saw Madeleine. I have goose bumps for you. corrine

Chelsea B. said...

Angie thank you for sharing these experiences, what a blessing from our Heavenly Father. What a beautiful process adoption is. The whole experience is all about unconditional selfless love. Thank you for letting us share the experience with you. Drew couldn't have a better mommy and daddy.

Michelle said...

I cried again reading this! Thank you for sharing and I'm so thankful for Kaitlyn and Johnny for sharing - it makes it so special!

Heather said...

I cried too. I'm so glad for you all.

Kristin said...

Wow, what an amazing experience. Thanks for sharing.