March 27, 2010

Our Forever Family

Today was a special day. Today we took our little Drew to the Draper, Utah temple to be sealed to us for time and all eternity. This is the day I've been anxiously waiting for for over a year. I've been imagining what it would be like, imagining who would be there. Nothing could have prepared me for the day that was today. It was a day I'll remember forever.

We were so blessed to have family and a couple of close friends there with us. The temple workers were so sweet and so helpful helping us get ready. I knew I would cry during the sealing, but I didn't realize I'd start crying while we were walking to the sealing room. I didn't realize I'd have to do all I could to not bawl so I couldn't even speak. I didn't realize just how strong the spirit would be in that temple, in that room. I didn't realize just how I would feel when I saw my family and friends who are my family and how I would feel so much love for each of them. I didn't realize just how much love I could possibly feel when my mom walked into that room holding my little baby boy in all white. That's when it hit me. He was so sweet and he was so good.

I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father that allows us to feel things like this. I'm grateful that we've been able to experience this. I'm so grateful for Johnny and Kaitlyn and their selflessness. I'm so grateful for my sweet little boy that I get to be with forever. And of course I'm grateful for my Dan. There are no words.

Here are some pictures that Brenley took for us today. She was so great to get them to me so fast so that I could post them.




Thank you again for all of your prayers, love, and support. We couldn't have done it without you. This has been such a great experience for us and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm going to miss the adoption process and I hope we'll be able to be blessed by adoption again.
This is the end of the beginning of our adoption story, and the beginning of our lives together forever.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I've been thinking about you guys all day. What a powerful experience - thank you for so beautifully sharing your thoughts. We love you guys and are so happy for you. Congratulations!!!

stephschmidt said...

What an incredible day! I agree with you and Mom... there are no words! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of it. I love the pictures!

Chelsea B. said...

That is so wonderful! What a beautiful process adoption is. Thank you for sharing all your special moments with us. God truly has a hand in our lives. Drew is one blessed little boy. Brenly did an awesome job capturing so many special moments.

Kelly Stoddart said...

It really was very special and I am glad that I was able to be there! I am so happy for you guys.

Kristin said...

Wow, Ang, you have such a way with words. You described everything so beautifully, I felt the spirit so strongly as I read through your experience. Congratulations, you and Dan deserve all the best in life.

the Richards said...

Thank you so much for sharing this tender experience, I couldn't be happier for you two- what a special blessing!

The Northwest Southern Girl said...

What a perfectly beautiful experience! Drew was always meant to be yours, he just came to you this way. Now he is yours forever.