March 18, 2009

First Meeting

Last Friday, Dan and I had our doctors appointments to make sure we're healthy and have a long life expentancy. We had to choose a new doctor and the one we happened to end up with actually adopted last year. He was great and talked to us for almost an hour - about what the agency would be looking for and asking us about our process and giving us advice. We had to get blood work done on Monday and he personally called me to let me know everything came out okay and he would be sending our documents to LDSFS.

Today, we had our first meeting with our caseworker. He is AWESOME! We both really, really like him. Our meeting was an hour and a half, which was mostly just talking about us (maybe that's why I liked it so much...). He talked about the questions we answered online about each other, our families, growing up, things like that. He answered any questions we could think of. I'm really excited to work with him - I think he's going to be great. We set up our next meeting on April 8. That meeting will be one-on-one. We'll each meet with him seperately and go over more of our answers we filled out online. Then our home study is on April 22 and if that goes well, we'll be approved!!! Once we're approved, we'll be able to get our profile up online! I can't believe how fast everything is happening! We need to get our fingerprints done on Friday for our background check and we need to finish up a few things online, but we're a little bit ahead of schedule, which I'm excited about.

I'm still loving every single step of this process. It was so fun to hear some of the things Dan wrote about and I always love talking about our process so that was fun to do with our caseworker. I get so emotional when I talk about how I knew it was the right thing for us and it was no different today. I could feel the spirit so strongly in our meeting and I have felt it so many times recently that I know of a surety that this is for us. I'm so thankful we get to start our family this way. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has chosen us to be a part of this and I can feel His hand in every single thing we've done in this process.

Once again, thank you so much for all of your love, support, and prayers in our behalf! We couldn't have asked for a better family or better friends to be going through this with!

6 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

I was thinking about you all day and I was waiting for this post! I am so excited that it is all going so quickly for you. Pretty amazing! It is so fun to see you so excited about it, I love it!

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog! Thank you for sharing this special process with us. You have been in my prayers lately. I am just so pleased that everything is working out so well and going so quickly for you guys.

stephschmidt said...

It's amazing to me how quickly everything is happening and how things are just "falling" into place :) It is SO exciting! I'm so glad you like your caseworker, and your doctor - what are the chances of ending up with a dr that just adopted last year?? So awesome!

Katie-babe said...

Moving fast!! That's great! I'll keep praying for you!

Heather said...

Angie, thanks for sharing this process with all of us. It's so inspiring and uplifting to read about your experiences!

Martha Brown said...

Blog some more! I am excited for you, and your infant. Some Mother who does not have the resources or health or situation to raise a child will soon be handing this life to you to raise. All of us are children of Heavenly Father, and all hold the same place at His Table. God bless you three!