March 21, 2009

Family Temple Session

Dan and I had an amazing experience today. We planned a time for our families to go to the temple and do an endowment session with soon-to-be-our birth parents in mind. It was a suggestion from LDSFS and I LOVED the idea. So most of my family was able to meet in either the Portland, Oregon or Jordan River, Utah temples at 1:00 PST. Dan's mom went this morning because she didn't get the message in time - good thing because the St. Louis temple didn't even have a session at the right time!

I've been feeling the adversary lately trying so hard to work against us! Yesterday, Dan's work offered him two tickets to two of March Madness' NCAA basketball games for today (I'm not sure exactly what it's called...), which is great, except the first game started right when we'd be in our temple session. But Dan didn't fall for that one! Well, actually he went to the temple and then went late to the games. :) Than, we had a rough morning getting ready to leave for the temple. Lost keys, had to get gas, contention, etc. I felt so frustrated because I've been so excited about this temple trip, and it so easily could have been ruined.

We actually ended up being early to the temple and it was great! I've never felt the spirit so strongly as I did today. I thought about our adoption and our sweet birth parents the entire time and I feel so good and excited about it. Every time I thought about my family sacrificing their time, sitting in the temple in Utah for us, for our birth parents, for our future baby, I felt my heart swell until it felt like it was going to burst out of my chest. I was so emotional - it was absolutely amazing! I know I keep saying this, but I still cannot get over how supportive and involved our families are! We are so blessed!

8 comments:

stephschmidt said...

I'm so glad that you read the suggestion about us all attending the temple together, and that you put it together! It was such a great experience! I'm sure the adversary is working so hard against you because it is so clearly what the Lord wants you to do! That's just further proof of that.

Kelly Stoddart said...

It always seems like when you make plans to go to the temple something always comes up that tries to keep you from going. I am glad that you had such a great experience. I am happy that I was able to go!

Todd Family said...

That's so awesome that you guys all went to the temple at different temples. I too find it crazy that whenever you plan to go to the temple, you are out of gas and get frustrated and feel rushed. The adversary really pushes...I am so glad you were able to feel the spirit!

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Power in Numbers! What a fantastic idea!

Heather said...

What a wonderful idea...and experience!

Pat said...

What a wonderful experience for you and all of your family to do this together, even though some of you were in different temples! I can really feel the hand of the Lord in every step you have taken thus far!!

Todd Family said...

Hey! This is kind of random, but didn't you work for jetblue before? Did you like it? what did you do for them?

Carolyn Call said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm sure it was a great experience for everyone who participated!