March 11, 2009

Tender Mercies

LDS Family Services is the most affordable place to go through an adoption. This has been a recent decision so we haven't had a lot of time to prepare and save for this. It was going to be a stretch since Dan's work does a reimbursement program for adoption, so we'd have to pay everything and then wait to get it back. So we were hoping we'd get a little back from taxes that we could put towards this. We usually don't get very much back, so we weren't planning on a ton. Well, we did our taxes on Monday night and we were SHOCKED. We're getting almost the exact amount we'll need to pay for the whole adoption. I sat there with tears in my eyes and stared at the screen for a few minutes thinking we had to have typed something in wrong, thinking it was impossible for us to get that much money back. But we did everything right, and we'll be getting that money soon. I still can't believe it. But every time I think about it, even as I'm sitting here typing this, I get the most amazing, peaceful feeling and I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever in my mind that this is what we're supposed to be doing and how we're supposed to start our family. I can't believe how many amazing things have already happened in this process that have confirmed this for me.

"I believe I have come to better understand that the Lord's tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ." -Elder David A. Bednar

I was so excited yesterday - I felt like a firecracker just waiting to explode because we scheduled our first meeting with a caseworker. I thought we'd have to wait a month or longer, but as it turns out, he'll be in Eugene NEXT WEDNESDAY! Things are moving right along and I couldn't be more grateful!

9 comments:

Annie and Jake Callister said...

Wednesday is so soon! That is great! I think I would burst with anticipation if I were in your shoes!

stephschmidt said...

I LOVE the title of this post - it's perfect! It still gives me chills to hear about your taxes and how that all worked out, and how soon you're able to meet with the caseworker! It's absolutely amazing! I wonder how many angels you have around you, helping with this....

the splendid life of us... said...

Heavenly Father truly places MANY tender mercies in adoptions path. I was actually just thinking about this very thing yesterday and was trying to think of every one we received while waiting to adopt McCoy and even after he was born. We really saw his hand in every step we took. It is such an amazing experience from begining to end, well there really is no end. I am also so glad that you are already very aware of his hand in your adoption path, what a blessing!

Wendy said...

Wow, that is absolutely amazing! The Lord works in mysterious ways, doesn't He? I can't wait to hear how Wednesday goes.

Unknown said...

Wow, that's so great. What a confirmation that you are doing the right thing. It is so amazing to read about your journey. Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

Heavenly Father Promises us that if we do what we are supposed to he will bless us. You have both been doing what you are supposed to and have been listening to the promptings of the spirit which is why Heavenly Father is blessing you so much. I love your story so much! There must be a very special Spirit waiting to be a part of your family. What a great beginning to an amazing journey!

Kristin said...

Wow, you out tears in my eyes just reading your post. I am so happy for you. Wednesday, woo hoo!

Todd Family said...

Wow Angie! That is seriously the sweetest thing ever! How awesome it is to have the tender mercies in this life. I know I have felt them recently also, so I am so happy that the Lord has blessed you with this!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

Camille said...

That was so beautifully written. Thank you for inviting me to see your progress. Your family is in my prayers and I just know that Heavenly Father is mindful of you and your righteous desires to be a mother.