April 14, 2009

First Purchase

My sister, Jodi, and her kids have been visiting us since last Friday. So Jodi and I thought it would be fun to go on my first baby shopping trip! It was so much fun, but also so surreal. I've been buying baby stuff for the last almost 12 years, ever since Jodi had her first baby. But it's always been things I've given away as presents. I've never bought anything like this for myself. It was so weird to think I got to take it all home and keep it! I'll admit, it was very overwhelming at first. :) I knew there was so much to get, but I felt like I was walking in circles, not really being able to take everything in. :) It's a good thing I had Jodi (who is very wise :) and helpful) there to help me! Once I picked out the first thing, which was a monitor, it was a cakewalk. Here's a picture of all the fun things I got! Thanks again, Jodi!! I had SO much fun!!

6 comments:

stephschmidt said...

Oh, so exciting! I know what you mean about it being overwhelming at first. I'm so glad you got to go baby shopping for YOUR baby! Like Mom, I love the "quack" on the duck outfit :) So cute!

the splendid life of us... said...

How exciting! Honestly it only becomes more addicting!

Jodi Hancey said...

It was soooo fun! Thank you for taking me with you!

Kristin said...

Yay!!!! That is SO exciting! I love the little sleepers you got...so cute!
We need to play soon!!

Heather said...

Wow, that is cool! Shopping for baby stuff is so fun!!!!

Pat said...

So exciting!!! I love the sleepers, especially the one on the right--so sunny and cheerful! I think I got one like that for a baby gift for someone a little while ago. Your baby is going to look so CUTE in it!!!