April 8, 2009

Second Meeting

This afternoon, Dan and I had our second meeting with our caseworker. It went really well again! He's so easy to talk to and I'm so excited we're working with him. We had our one-on-one interviews with him, which weren't really interviews, just advice to us. We went over the profiles we get to put together soon and talked about the letter we write to the birthparents. It was so fun to talk about the profiles because I am SO excited to put that together - to get our pictures taken and put together and hopefully help our birthmother get to know us. :) He showed us some videos from birthmothers on the LDSFS website, which I LOVED watching. I actually came home and watched the rest of them. I feel such an overwhelming love for these women that make this selfless decision! I love the first video by Sierra. If you want to see any of the videos, you can click here. We have our home study in two weeks from today - I'm so excited for it! Each step gets us closer!

3 comments:

stephschmidt said...

Wow, those videos are incredible! I love how Tamra said that people don't understand that it's only BECAUSE they love their baby so much that they're able to give them up for adoption. What amazing people! I'm so glad your visit went well today. I told Todd I can't believe how quickly you seem to be going through this process - it's awesome!

Pat said...

I'm so glad your visit went so well! Things really are happening quickly! I also love that title--"Adoption--It's About Love!" I know things are happening exactly the way Heavenly Father has in mind for you. Isn't it wonderful knowing He is in charge and directing the whole thing?! It was so nice to see you when you were here a couple of weekends ago! You look great!

Heather said...

Those really are neat vidoes...I got teary watching them.....thanks for sharing this process with all of us.