January 1, 2010

My turn

Angie has done an amazing job with updating this blog and expressing our thoughts and feelings throughout this entire process. With all due respect, it's my turn. :)

What an incredible journey this has been for us! I'm so grateful that we were led to the decision to adopt and for all of the experiences we've had along the way. Drew is the greatest thing that has ever happened to us. He's the most beautiful baby boy I've ever seen. I can't get enough of being around him. I love when he's awake and seeing him looking around to explore the world and all it has to offer. I love when he's asleep and showing me how peaceful life can be. I love all of the sounds and faces he makes, always keeping us entertained. I even love it when he cries or needs a diaper change, for it gives me the chance to show him at an early age that he can depend on me as his father. He makes me want to be a better person and change the world around me. I want him to be a good influence on everyone he meets. I want him to acheive greatness in his life and make sure he has every opportunity to succeed.

I feel very blessed to have Johnny and Kaitlyn be a part of our lives and for their decision to place their baby boy for adoption with us. It is a very noble thing for them to do and I thank the Lord every day for them and pray that he grants them guidance and support throughout their lives. I can never thank them enough.

6 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

PERFECTLY said!

the Richards said...

Way to make me cry, Dan :-) I blame pregnancy hormones, but nonetheless, beautifully said.

bell family said...

i am crying too and I can'y blame pregnancy. Nicely put! Enjoy!

Kelly Stoddart said...

That was really neat to read Dan! You will be a great father, no doubt.

stephschmidt said...

Ah, I loved this! What a fantastic father you are, Dan! Drew is one blessed little boy! I'm so so happy for you guys!

Todd Family said...

Congrats again to you both! That was a beautiful post...you should really print this blog to give to Drew when he's older. I am sure he will appreciate the love of his father and mother!